Simple Ways to Contribute to the World -- The 10th Annual Commemoration of World Peace

There is an old saying that “Ten years is an epoch.” It means that time will change everything eventually even if it feels like change is impossible. What was my accomplishment in the past decade while some people have been making an epoch.

Completely packed with peace supporters, ‘HWPL’s 10th Annual Commemoration of the Declaration of World Peace and Peace Walk Campaign’ was held offline for the first time after 4 years of the pandemic. Amazed to see peace supporters, I came to understand that someone was putting efforts to realize world peace while I was focusing only on my own life.

For the last ten years, HWPL proclaimed the Declaration of World Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW) to establish the legislative and cultural foundation for peace. DPCW suggests a new paradigm making the whole world governed by law rather than power.

However, this event was not about celebrating the accomplishments of the past. What has been achieved in the past was only a stepping stone for the coming 10 years. HWPL and peace supporters gather this very day to have their hearts set for the next 10 years – institutionalizing DPCW to realize sustainable world peace. They are determined to make DPCW adopted as a resolution to the UN General Assembly so that DPCW becomes a binding international law. They expressed their strong will to achieve this goal through Peace Walk.

Witnessing people who have been working on world peace, I felt like a big fish in a little pond who only knows nothing but one’s life. This event challenged me to come out of that little pond, look around, and contribute to the society I am living in. I believe that this will eventually enhance my value as well. Afraid that this awakening moment will vanish once I return to my daily life, I immediately visited the HWPL website to send my signature supporting DPCW.

You can also do something valuable for the global society and the future generation if you have a minute. Want to know how? Visit https://supportdpcw.hwpl.kr/en/Supportsignature to check for more details.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.